Thursday, July 19, 2007

there is no easy way to fix love.

there is no easy way to fix love
your heart, a puzzle i'd solved
only to drop it to the floor, more
pieces than i can account for

on this day. i'm sure some will be
lost forever, but you're still here
waiting for me to decipher the space
between trust and mistrust, love

and pride. i don't know the distance,
but your body questions my need to
answer through silence and tears, the
absence of your touch, a hollowness

palpable and sincere. i find every moment
near you a blessing, rebirth, yet you
say i love you less, judge me unknowingly
with unblinking eyes- the moments i stole

away some morning, afternoon, night
while you waited for me to return.
i believe you need me to feel that pain,
guilt, regret a little longer.

you need me to understand that
the pieces of you that i lost
must be found for you to love me
as you want to, as you did, before.

don't you?

1 comment:

J.G. said...

:-)
i sometimes think trying to take things back to the way they were is detrimental (did i spell that right? lol). perhaps you should look forward to what the future holds, and who you will be as you evolve from this place.

i love you...